Monday 14 September 2009

Ha ha ha. Ho ho ho. And a couple of tra la las.

Tomorrow Jon, Max and I are off to see the Wizard - not in the Emerald City, however, but on the Emerald Isle. This will be a first for me as I have never been to Ireland and I am looking forward to seeing her. I am also looking forward to meeting Tony Shiels and his family – I have heard a lot about him from Jon and it will be nice to meet him at last.

However, unlike Dorothy we will not be using the cyclone travelling method to visit the Wizard – well I hope not anyway. Hopefully the night ferry journey from Wales to Rosslare will encounter no such weather conditions. There will also, alas, be no ‘Toto’ accompanying us as Biggles will be staying at home with Graham and Oll.

I was trying so hard not to use any references to the ‘oft present in the Christmas TV listings’ film but have failed miserably. No more references I promise. The fact that Jon wants to be the Lion and has voted Max as the Tin Man is the last time I shall refer to THAT film. Honest.

It will be three days ‘holiday’ during which time we can hopefully see some of Ireland’s history as well as visiting Mucross Lake, which is the home of a lake monster – or so it is said. Or, of course, I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, consulting with the rain – oops. Anyway, my camera is charged up and I hope to be able to share some photos with you upon our return.

Travelling light is always a challenge, but I shall make yet another attempt at taking as little as possible without forgetting to pack that little something ‘just in case’. Those ‘just in case’ items never do get used, but I know that if I didn’t take them it would only spur Murphy to inflict his Law upon me.

I will see you all late on Saturday perhaps – if not, on Sunday.

If only I could find my ruby slippers ...... sorry, did I say that out loud? Darn, it just slipped out.

2 comments:

C-E B said...

Hahaha! That blog made me laugh out loud. It was brilliant! Bon Voyage!!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Hehe .... thanks and believe it or not we did actually see a real life Toto outside a sleepy pub in an equally sleepy town.