Friday 1 January 2010

Lang may yer lum reek!

I was going to post a rather sweet picture of two chicks wearing top hats but then I got sidetracked into watching a video of Fred Astaire performing Putting on the Ritz which, although a superb piece of footwork, does not really have anything to do with New Year's Day. And then I thought well neither do two little chicks wearing top hats.

Therefore, I will just leave you with a simple message:

The last page of 2009 has been turned and consigned to our library of memories.
Happy New Year to you all.

PS: the last word of the title of this blog may well be confusing some of you. The translation is long may your chimney smoke. I believe its origin comes from when people had coal fires and if the chimney was smoking it meant that you could afford coal and keep warm.

I am now doing something that I have never done before. I think that messing with my wife's blog would be an unbelievably bad thing to do and probably injurious to our marriage.
However, I cannot let such heresy pass!!! NOTHING says `Happy New Year` more than cute chicks wearing hats. It sums up the entire ethos of the CFZ as we enter another decade JD

No comments: