Wednesday 11 November 2009

Let's go to the hop

It was funny the first time, and slightly amusing on the second occasion, but by the end of this afternoon it had become a rather stale joke.

I decided that it was time to bring my printer down from its ‘office’ upstairs in the bedroom, and connect it up at my makeshift desk in the dining room. This exercise would, I thought:

a) stop me having to visit the ever-increasing arctic winter conditions upstairs unless it’s bedtime or I need a natural break.
b) save my having to email myself documents, then rush upstairs and turn on my rather slow desktop, and then wait for it to rouse itself just to print something.

Plus, it is a bit sad emailing yourself anyway.

So down it came, and everything was hunky-dory. That is until I used it for the first time. I am not quite sure what Biggles thinks the printer is exactly, but by his frenzied bunny hopping I assume that either he thinks of it as some kind of toy or perhaps that it is some kind of alien entity come to invade his territory. However, as I had to print out around two dozen letters this afternoon - the bunny hopping accompanying each and every one becoming more tiresome with each effort - I am now wondering whether it was such a good idea to bring the printer downstairs. Perhaps a double layer of thermals, woolly hat and mittens would be the best option after all.







Even Spider (aka `Orange Cat`) seemed slightly interested towards the end of the print run, energetically lifting one paw in some kind of support for the daft dog before wandering off in the opposite direction, obviously realising the whole episode was rather boring and that it insulted his superior intelligence after all.

It brings a slightly new meaning to the phrase 'never work with animals or children'.

1 comment:

C-E B said...

LOL sounds familiar except with my dog it's the vaccuum cleaner that causes the most interest - he thinks it's a predator and hangs onto it for dear life by the teeth, growling, as it drags him around the room, cleaning :)