Friday 6 November 2009

Treehogs – a new British species?

I am one of those people who do not very often remember their dreams, but occasionally I can wake up to the real world and say to myself,“thank goodness that was just a dream” or ask myself, “what on earth was that all about?” There are times when I can awake with feelings of anger, dread or sadness about whatever transpired whilst in the arms of Morpheus, but this morning I opened my eyes and looked out of the window at the tree directly in front of it and instantly recalled that I had done exactly the same thing in the wee small hours.

However, during my sleep the tree I was looking at was skeletal, having lost the last of the glorious golden autumnal leaves that still hang on in real-time. The branches were outlined against a grey sky and there were a few black birds sitting on the higher branches. Nothing odd in that, but the other creatures dotted about the branches were a peculiar sight to say the least. A family of hedgehogs was clinging to the branches – there appeared to be a mother (or what I perceived to be a mother) and four babies. The image, as far as I can recall, only lasted for a fleeting few seconds, but there they sat as bold as brass. They did not seem particularly phased by their lofty situation either.

I know hedgehogs can climb, but surely not up a tree?

Is there anyone out there who is able to interpret the meaning of this dream?

I suppose I could hedge my bets and claim I had seen an out-of-place animal, but I dont think I should go down that road - could be a prickly subject.

2 comments:

rosannadanna said...

Hi, i could tell you what the dream means, but i don't think you would want to know.

rosannadanna said...

ok, since you have to approve this first, i can tell you, what it means, then you can just delete it. The tree, skeletal, is you. And the stuff in it, is all the spirits that are in your tree. That you need deliverance from. So, now you can delete.